Pages

Sunday 4 September 2011

Timing....





Hello friends,

It has been ages since I've posted and yes I do have really good reasons for it.  Really.  Now the picture of the bird up top has absolutely nothing to do with my post.  It was just a random picture that I really liked.  To begin with I have to apologize if you can not understand this post.  I am waaaay too tired and stressed (exams!!). 

Lately in my very brief moments with God, I've been learning about God's timing.  One of my favourite verses is this one from Ecclesiastes 3:11:

'He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.'
~Ecclesiastes 3:11 (ESV)

It is so beautiful to think about the way that God makes everything right in his time, not mine.  Unfortunately in our human condition, we get proud.  We want to tell God when things should happen in our time.  I find myself saying to God, 'God I really need to get ......... done right now.'  God must laugh at our imperfect control of our life.  I've been thinking a lot lately about time.  I'm only sixteen but I am at uni so I find myself longing for events to happen.  Like getting my drivers licence, being in medical school, finally getting a boyfriend (not that I'm looking mind you).  I find my heart constantly longing for the future.  And yet I always eventually get to this verse.  I need to trust God to be God, because he is really the best person at it.  Time is precious and I don't know how much I'll have of it on this earth.  My Lord could choose to take me right this instant if he wanted.  What am I going to say if he asks me how I've used my time?  How do think he will take, 'I was going to do so much with my time'? I would much rather stand before my maker and be able to claim that I've used my time as he wants me to use it.  At the moment that means being sixteen, being a good friend, a good daughter, a good student, and shining his light where ever I am, not everywhere I wish I could be. 

So thanks for listening, I'm really hoping that all made sense. 

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment