Pages

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Yet...




One of my favorite things to read in the bible is a passage with the word 'yet'. 

Yes I am crazy but don't give up on me quite yet, I will explain.

I am reading through the Bible alphabetically at the moment.  It is a really interesting way of reading the Bible, if you are wondering. Anyways, I am reading Habakkuk and I got to the last chapter.  Habakkuk is a very small book of the Bible that deals with the unfairness we see in the world, and the personal suffering we go through.  I got to this passage here:
"Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines, 
though the olive crop fails 
and the fields produce no food, 
though there are no cattle in the stalls,
yet
I will rejoice in the LORD, 
I will be joyful in God my Savior."
                                    
                                 ~Habakkuk 3:17-18 (NIV)                                     

Yet... 

The Merriam-Webster dictionary describes the word yet as: " : in addition : besides <gives yet another reason>" 

Yet another reason to praise God.  The spirit behind the word 'yet' is one of loyalty and unwavering steadfastness.  

So today will you rejoice in God?  Will you give him your unswerving loyalty.  I will.

Take care friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment