Pages

Wednesday 10 August 2011

I'm soooooo tired....


Hello all!  

Again I have been very slack in my posting and my excuse is always the same, I'm Way too busy.  My days consist of going to uni for hours, traveling two hours a day to get there, coming home and trying to catch up on chores that have been sadly neglected, emails that need to be answered, chilling with my awesome family, and a billion other things it seems.  In all of this it is really hard to keep a focus on what really matters and how to prioritize my time.  This means that God is pushed out of the picture. 

I'm sure you have experienced it: you hurry around all day telling yourself that you'll do devotions at night.  That night you fall into bed, read a verse and tell yourself that you'll meditate on that verse and quality is better than quantity.  You close your eyes (bad idea by the way!) and start to pray.  Two minutes later you're out!  Away in dreamland.  All too often this is how my days go, and then I wonder why I feel so distant to God.  Um... duh!  A quote that is common but I love is this; 

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result."

I don't know who wrote it but they had their head screwed on tight. :)  So my plan of action is this: write up my schedule and get up earlier.  I have severe doubts whether this will work, and my cynical mind (actually probably Satan now that I think about it) tells me, 'Hey Erin, guess what?  You have tried this a million trillion times and you know what, you have never achieved it before, why even try?'  Well Erin guess what? 

'You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you!' 
~Philippians 4:13 (with my twist)

So there. 

Anyway if you read all that crazy thought processes thumbs up for you!  Does anyone else struggle with this?? 

Btw... the picture up above is a Leonid Afremov painting picture off of Google.  He is one of my favorite artists.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment