Pages

Friday 1 July 2011

The Beauty of Art

 First week of holidays and I have accomplished one thing on my very long list of things to do.  This is a picture I drew yesterday and today.  It's not as good as I thought it would turn out but I really enjoyed the tranquility of sitting and drawing.

It makes me wonder about God's wonderful creation.  When I think about it, what I draw is a mere, (and not very good) copy of what God has already created.  The beauty of eyes, the contrast of sky against grass, all of it just adds up to be a beautiful picture of how much God loves me.  The exquisite features of babies and children is wondrous to me, and then to see those features change with a beautiful smile.  It makes me smile.  Have you ever sat and played with a little child, heard their sweet little voices ring with laughter and marvel at the beauty of it all?  Have you ever sat and listened to the birds sing on a perfect day, relaxing on a rug with your family?  I have done both and they show me how truly awe inspiring our beautiful Father is.


Now this wasn't the post that I was planning on writing, but that can wait.  Hope you all are living in the hope of Christ.

Your friend,
Erin

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Hannah! I'm hoping to upload some of my better pieces soon. :)

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete