Pages

Saturday 11 February 2012

Shadows


My Dad read something to us on Monday night while we were waiting for dinner to cook.  We were all sitting around the table drawing on a piece of paper that covered the table.  Our doodles were all unique and we were just listening.  I must confess that when Dad sat down and started reading from his large theological book, I held in a moan.  I did not feel like being sermonized to at that moment.  So to say the least, my mindset wasn't the cheeriest.  But as we read on I couldn't help but feel the unwilling admiration for the beauty of what my Dad was reading.  Morgan G. Campbell published in 1903 a book called 'The Crisis of Christ'.  Now I don't have the foggiest of what the rest of the book says but the portion that my dad chose to read to us was all about our very person hood being in Christ.  One thing stood out to me as being so beautiful.

Morgan G. Campbell revealed this idea.  When you look at a shadow, you can recognize the basic form of who you are, but you can't begin to figure out the complexities and beauty of a person by their shadow.  It is the same with God and us.  We are his shadows, showing a resemblance of his being (as we are made in the image of Christ), but shadows of the real thing.  For example, we have emotions.  Since we are made in his image, God also must have emotions... but think on this; his emotions are pure and righteous, while ours are tainted by the fall.  We are merely shadows of him.

I have mentioned this before that I study Biomedical science and the body is a beautiful work of art.  So if we are so incredibly complex and intricate and beautiful, how much more so is God?   What a beautiful concept to think about.

Stay in Christ friends!! 

1 comment:

  1. That is such a great way to illustrate our being made in His image! I love it!

    ReplyDelete